Friday, February 22, 2013

My heart's an autoclave.

2/22/13-3/3/13:

I am going to exercise next week, I've decided. I was motivated primarily by my desire to use this title because it includes the word "autoclave." Addendum: Well, I have not been exercising quite as much as I anticipated, such that I was going to neglect to continue updating this post. But given my unexpected readership I have decided to continue writing, and perhaps in this manner I shall be held somewhat accountable for my aspirations.

Saturday: Made brownies for the prospectives breakfast, presented a poster (it was mostly a prop, I don't have results yet, really) at the poster event (again for the prospectives) and then helped guide a SF City Tour. There have been many Techers coming through here the past few weeks, it is a little strange. I think we had seven Tech-affiliated people (six Tech undergraduate alumni) here in the ChE department alone. Anyways, I didn't really have time to do much else, so I'm going to count tramping about SF for most of the day as exercise.

Sunday: Went into lab in the morning, bottled homebrew with Steph and Michael in the afternoon. Let's call holding up a pot full of beer for a couple minutes exercise, eh?

Monday: Jury duty. I got excused because I was a student eventually, but commuting to Oakland, waiting to be assigned a court, and filling out the juror questionnaire took up most of the day. I met a law student (whose name I guess I actually never found out) from Cal who was there fulfilling his civic duty as well. He was also excused. I suppose it was an experience, and now I am (oh so slightly) more familiar with how the jury system works.

Tuesday: 4.5 or so (I don't remember the exact number) on the Bay Trail with Steph and Justine (who came to meet me in Emeryville!). It was quite slow, and I was, embarrassingly, sore for the next two days. But this was my first time running since early December, when my parents came to visit. So I'll call getting started a net win. This also made me realize how terribly out of shape I am.

Thursday: Off.

Friday: Met Steph at her place for 5.5 on the Bay Trail again. Apparently we were going at 8 min pace, but it felt very difficult. I fell off a bit at the end (but this tends to happen, so it is to be expected).

Saturday: Off. I think I should only run every other day for a while. Long reason.

Sunday: 5.7 (in around 55 min) or something in Tilden Park with Steph and a couple of her colleagues (Jake E, Noah, and Jake S). My timing is probably off though, I'm not very good about stopping/starting the stopwatch. Everyone kept waiting for me, which I felt kind of bad about. I couldn't tell if people minded or not. But anyways, it was a good run, and I am grateful to Steph for dragging me out of the house/lab.

3 comments:

  1. So did you start? It's 9:45 on Monday already; the week's a wastin'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clara!! I didn't know you wrote these things still (or did in February). Also - Hi Ian!

    ReplyDelete